Free Online Course (Audit)
6-8 hours a week
9 weeks long
Already know something about quantum mechanics, quantum bits and quantum logic gates, but want to design new quantum algorithms, and explore multi-party quantum protocols? This is the course for you!
In this advanced graduate physics course on quantum computation and quantum information, we will cover:
- The formalism of quantum errors (density matrices, operator sum representations)
- Quantum error correction codes (stabilizers, graph states)
- Fault-tolerant quantum computation (normalizers, Clifford group operations, the Gottesman-Knill Theorem)
- Models of quantum computation (teleportation, cluster, measurement-based)
- Quantum Fourier transform-based algorithms (factoring, simulation)
- Quantum communication (noiseless and noisy coding)
- Quantum protocols (games, communication complexity)
Research problem ideas are presented along the journey.
“This course is hard!”
-- Anonymous MIT graduate student