This course provides a very brief introduction to basic mathematical concepts like propositional and predicate logic, set theory, the number system, and proof techniques. At the end of the course, students will be able to
(1) detect the logical structure behind simple puzzles
(2) be able to manipulate logical expressions
(3) explain the connection between logic and set theory
(4) explain the differences between natural, integer, rational, real and complex numbers
(5) recognise different basic proof techniques
-Overview and motivation of the topics to be treated in the course
-Logical propositions and the rules that govern them.
Predicate logic, set theory, and functions
-Logical statements that depend on a variable.