Free Online Course
16 weeks long
This course presents an example of applying a database application development methodology to a major real-world project.Why Take This Course?
At the end of this course the learner will:
• Understand and apply the concepts of data independence, database and database management system architecture, and the role and placement of a database management system the application stack
• Understand and apply the theoretical foundation of relational databases and query languages to create SQL data structure definitions and queries that meet identified requirements
• Create a relational database application, including the requirement analysis, specification, design and implementation of relational database applications
• Evaluate alternative internal schema structures and create indices for efficient database operation
• Understand the concepts of database access control and SQL injection
- Techniques and tools needed to develop database applications.
- Database application development methodologies.
- Extended Entity Relationship Models.
- Relational Models.
- Relational Algebra, Calculus, and SQL.
- Database normalization.
- Database efficiency.
- Database indexing.
- Metadata management and archiving.