Study a Phenomenon, that does not (yet) have an explanation. Challenge the universe and use recent observations and smart techniques to get through the veil of this phenomenon. Becomhttps://iversity.org/my/courses/dark-matter-in-galaxies-the-last-mystery/edit#e part of the generation of scientists that will unveil this 80 years old mystery or be among those who will witness that occurring.
The course has three teaching modes. The knowledge is transferred through 1) documentary style videos 2) records of front lectures delivered by the teacher(s) and enhanced by useful extra information installed in them in a post-production phase 3) animations of formulae, plots and simulations. The videos will be in Italian with English subtitles.
Quizzes allow the students to receive feedback on their understanding and in the forums the students can interact, ask questions and discuss the learnings.
Levels of the course are Advanced, Regular, Basic.
- Students, in general, will learn an important and strategic subject of Astrophysics and Physics, at university level and will be able to successfully teach it at high school level.
- Advanced students will be able to get deep inside into the complex field of Dark Matter in Galaxies from one of the leading scientist in the field.
- Enthusiastic outsiders with only simple knowledge of Physics and Mathematics can enter one the biggest mysteries of nature and get an understanding of the topic which allows them to follow its revelation.
The time needed to complete the requirements:
- Watching videos ~10 hours
- Practical work 5-15 hours
- Self-study work 5-15 hours
- Projects 0-15 hours
- Assessments 5-10 hours
The assessments of the course employs: multiple choices tests and peer review of projects.