The present course gives an overview of Bases of the Law of Obligations.
The course is directed to students of general educational institutions, Russian and foreign lawyers, heads of legal entities, financial directors, chief accountants, auditors, practicing in English, and to any person, interested in the Law of Obligations.
The course goals and objectives:
The main goal of the course is to provide students with fundamental knowledge of the basis of the Russian Law of Obligations
Course objectives are:
1. To introduce students to analyzing and evaluating situations from a legal perspective, identifying the essential elements of the Russian contractual system.
2. To orient students towards distinguishing between different types of forms of obligations and the ability of the main subjects of law (individuals and legal entities) to incur and fulfill legal obligations.
By the end of this course students shall be able to:
1. Analyze and evaluate situations from a legal perspective.
2. Identify the essential elements of a contract.
3. Understand situations when contract shall have a particular form
4. Identify moment of conclusion of contract
5. Distinguish between offer and public offer
6. Explain due execution of obligations
Overview. Distinctions between a Contract & a Transaction
Forms of Contracts
Formation of Contract. Offer & Acceptance
Due Execution of Obligations