This course equips students to build highly reliable and efficient solutions on Google Cloud using proven design patterns. It is a continuation of the Architecting with Google Compute Engine or Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine courses and assumes hands-on experience with the technologies covered in either of those courses. Through a combination of presentations, design activities, and hands-on labs, participants learn to define and balance business and technical requirements to design Google Cloud deployments that are highly reliable, highly available, secure, and cost-effective.
This course teaches participants the following skills:
● Apply a tool set of questions, techniques, and design considerations
● Define application requirements and express them objectively as KPIs, SLOs and SLIs
● Decompose application requirements to find the right microservice boundaries
● Leverage Google Cloud developer tools to set up modern, automated deployment pipelines
● Choose the appropriate Cloud Storage services based on application requirements
● Architect cloud and hybrid networks
● Implement reliable, scalable, resilient applications balancing key performance metrics with cost
● Choose the right Google Cloud deployment services for your applications
● Secure cloud applications, data, and infrastructure
● Monitor service level objectives and costs using Google Cloud tools
● Completion of prior courses in the Architecting with Google Cloud Platform Specialization, Architecting with Google Kubernetes Engine or have equivalent experience
● Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
● Systems Operations experience including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud
-Welcome to the Reliable Google Cloud Infrastructure: Design and Process course. Learn about the course structure and it's content.
-In this module, we focus on defining services. A new development begins with the planning and design phases. These require information gathering, starting with business requirements. Once the requirements are defined, it is important to measure that they are providing business value. In this module, we will look at gathering requirements and then techniques for measuring the impact of the solutions.
Microservice Design and Architecture
-In this module, we introduce application architecture and microservice design
-This module introduces DevOps automation, a key factor in achieving consistency, reliability, and speed of deployment.
Choosing Storage Solutions
-In this module, we discuss Google Cloud storage and data solutions and how to select the most suitable one to meet your business and technical requirements.
Google Cloud and Hybrid Network Architecture
- In this module, we discuss Google Cloud network architectures, including hybrid architectures.
Deploying Applications to Google Cloud
-In this module, we discuss the different options of deploying applications to Google Cloud. Google Cloud offers many possible deployment platforms, and the choice is not always immediately obvious.
Designing Reliable Systems
-In this module, we talk about how to design reliable systems.
-In this module, we cover security. Google has been operating securely in the cloud for 20 years. There is a strong belief that security empowers innovation. The approach of the cloud architect should be that security should be put first; everything else will follow from this.
Maintenance and Monitoring
-In this final module of this course, we cover application maintenance and monitoring. Maintenance is primarily concerned with how updates are made to running applications, the different strategies available, and how different
deployment platforms support them.