Module 1 : THE STATE OF MOBILE
- About the global adoption and influence of the portable device
- Which phones are the most dominate
- How mobile has integrated into our daily lives
- How mobile has influenced modern journalism
Module 2: THE MOJO WORKFLOW
- How to identify the seven basic steps of mobile reporting.
- How to create and share branded mobile journalism content.
- How to use two simple mobile apps to make an audio or video documentary, or a narrated photoessay.
- How to select accessories that enhance the camera or audio quality of iOS smartphones and tablets.
Module 3: DESIGNING FOR THE MOBILE EXPERIENCE
- How good design is intuitive, making something immediately usable.
- About the importance of satisfying expectations of tactile interaction and content: tap, flick, pinch, drag, etc.
- How mobile design differs from established desktop design. (Options and choices for your content).
- About best practices for process: How design, development and content best work together.
- About Mobile Analytics: What is your audience using?
Module 4: MOBILE NEWS PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT
- About different mobile development approaches and their benefits as well as weaknesses
- About responsive vs. mobile apps vs. mobile-optimized Sites: The religious battle
- How to go about planning and building mobile products (Different frameworks and services to move swiftly, other considerations such as staffing, timelines, etc.)
Module 5: FUTURE OF MOBILE (AND BEYOND)
- About the evolution of wearables
- About the rise of Google Glass
- About Glass Journalism
- About augmented reality storytelling and journalism