Course 1: Introduction to Genomic Technologies
- This course introduces you to the basic biology of modern genomics and the experimental tools that we use to measure it. We'll introduce the Central Dogma of Molecular Biology and cover how next-generation sequencing can be used to measure DNA, RNA, and epigenetic patterns. You'll also get an introduction to the key concepts in computing and data science that you'll need to understand how data from next-generation sequencing experiments are generated and analyzed. This is the first course in the Genomic Data Science Specialization.
Course 2: Genomic Data Science with Galaxy
- Learn to use the tools that are available from the Galaxy Project. This is the second course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization.
Course 3: Python for Genomic Data Science
- This class provides an introduction to the Python programming language and the iPython notebook. This is the third course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization from Johns Hopkins University.
Course 4: Algorithms for DNA Sequencing
- We will learn computational methods -- algorithms and data structures -- for analyzing DNA sequencing data. We will learn a little about DNA, genomics, and how DNA sequencing is used. We will use Python to implement key algorithms and data structures and to analyze real genomes and DNA sequencing datasets.
Course 5: Command Line Tools for Genomic Data Science
- Introduces to the commands that you need to manage and analyze directories, files, and large sets of genomic data. This is the fourth course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization from Johns Hopkins University.
Course 6: Bioconductor for Genomic Data Science
- Learn to use tools from the Bioconductor project to perform analysis of genomic data. This is the fifth course in the Genomic Big Data Specialization from Johns Hopkins University.
Course 7: Statistics for Genomic Data Science
- An introduction to the statistics behind the most popular genomic data science projects. This is the sixth course in the Genomic Big Data Science Specialization from Johns Hopkins University.
Course 8: Genomic Data Science Capstone
- In this culminating project, you will deploy the tools and techniques that you've mastered over the course of the specialization. You'll work with a real data set to perform analyses and prepare a report of your findings.