This free online course will help anyone working with young people aged 5-19 to engage them in learning through simple filmmaking and animation. You’ll discover how film and animation can be used as powerful tools for encouraging active learning and enabling pupils to establish strong connections with any area of the curriculum.
Try filmmaking and animation in the classroom
During the course, you will:
- learn how even simple equipment can be used to produce high-quality short films in the classroom;
- apply this knowledge to the classroom, creating films that help raise attainment;
- discover a range of top tips to help you hone your filmmaking skills;
- learn how to produce simple films and animations with your students;
- and learn how to use this creative artform as an assessment tool.
Learn with Into Film - the film education charity
The course has been developed by Into Film – one of the biggest educational charities in the UK – which works with schools to deliver free training, resources and after-school film clubs.
Filmmaking and Animation in the Classroom builds on Into Film’s successful Teaching Literacy Through Film course, developed in collaboration with the British Film Institute (BFI).
Filmmaking and Animation in the Classroom is open to anyone who works with young people, aged 5 to 19, who would like to enrich their learning through the creation of films and animations.