About this Specialization and Course
The Coursera Specialization: Excel to MySQL: Analytic Techniques for Business, is about how 'Big Data' interacts with business, and how to use data analytics to create value for businesses. This specialization consists of four courses and a final Capstone Project, where you will apply your skills to a real-world business process. You will learn to perform sophisticated data-analysis functions using powerful software tools such as Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and MySQL. To learn more, watch the video and review the specialization overview document we provided.
In the third course of the specialization: Data Visualization and Communication with Tableau, you will learn how to communicate business-relevant implications of data analyses.
Specifically, you will:
- craft the right questions to ensure your analysis projects succeed;
- leverage questions to design logical and structured analysis plans;
- create the most important graphs used in business analysis and transform data in Tableau;
- design business dashboards with Tableau;
- tell stories with data;
- design effective slide presentations to showcase your data story; and
- deliver compelling business presentations.
By the end of this course, you will know how to structure your data analysis projects to ensure the fruits of your hard labor yield results for your stakeholders. You will also know how to streamline your analyses and highlight their implications efficiently using visualizations in Tableau, the most popular visualization program in the business world. Using other Tableau features, you will be able to make effective visualizations that harness the human brain’s innate perceptual and cognitive tendencies to convey conclusions directly and clearly. Finally, you will be practiced in designing and persuasively presenting business “data stories” that use these visualizations, capitalizing on business-tested methods and design principles by completing a final peer assessed project recommending a business process change.
To get started, please begin with the video 'About This Specialization.'
I hope you enjoy this week's materials!
Asking The "Right Questions"
-Welcome! This week, you will learn how data analysts ask the right questions to ensure project success. By the end of this week, you will be able to:
- Craft the right questions to ensure your analysis projects succeed
- Leverage questions to design logical and structured analysis plans