This Course of Business Planning and Project Management aims to sensitize learners about the concept of planning in general and business planning specifically. The course would also give insights the learners about successfully managing projects.
After the completion of course participants will be able to
• Understand the concept of Planning and its importance for Businesses.
• Understand the concept of Project and importance of its management.
• Critically examine which project needs to be undertaken using various models.
• Understand the importance of human resources for the projects.
• Learn the concept of project audit, project life cycle and project termination process.
Week 1 : Introduction, Nature and Limitations of Planning
Week 2 : Planning Devices & Obstacles in Planning and Techniques of Forecasting
Week 3 : Introduction and Process of Forecasting, Techniques of Forecasting
Week 4 : Difference between Forecasting and Planning, Introduction to Project Management
Week 5 : Project Management Maturity, Project Selection - Model & Types
Week 6 : Project Management and Project Manager, Organisation Structures for Project Management
Week 7 : Project Organisation and Matrix Organisation, The Nature of Negotiation, Conflict and Project Life Cycle
Week 8 : PERT and CPM, Critical Path Method & Crashing the Project, The Planning - Monitoring - Controlling Cycle
Week 9 : Fundamental Purposes of Project Control, Design of Control Systems
Week 10 : Some Essentials of an Audit, Varieties of Project Termination, Termination Process